I’m going to a Latin American themed Vegan Potluck tonight, and I can’t wait! Everyone’s bringing appropriately themed vegan food and I’ve made an amazingly simple yet delicious rice salad that I had to share
The recipe, as usual, is from BBC Good Food (god I love that site).. all the recipes ALWAYS turn out good… like it’s guaranteed And this one definitely didn’t disappoint. As simple as chopping the ingredients and throwing them together, and as delicious as a rice dish that’s fallen off a Mexican street stall.
I used a 3 rice mix of organic basmati rice, wild rice and organic red rice.
I used a tinned 5 bean salad (laziness creeping in there!)
There’s literally nothing else I can tell you about this dish, because it’s so simple… All I know is that you should read the easy peasy recipe below, go buy the ingredients, and make this!
- 175g/6oz basmati and wild rice
- 400g can mixed bean salad , drained and rinsed
- bunch spring onions , chopped
- 1 red pepper , deseeded and chopped
- 1 avocado , chopped
- juice 1 lime , plus wedges to serve
- 1 tbsp Cajun spice mix
- small bunch coriander , chopped
- Cook the rice following pack instructions. Drain, then cool under cold running water until completely cold. Stir in beans, onions, pepper and avocado.
- Mix the lime juice with the Cajun spice mix and some black pepper. Pour over the rice mix, stir in the coriander and serve with extra lime wedges.