Here’s a recipe for a delicious apple crumble, modified from the soya margarine company ‘Pure’ website. I took out the sultanas, and tweaked some of the ingredients, enjoy!
100g ‘Pure’ or other dairy free margarine
175g plain flour
75g caster sugar
500g cooking apples, peeled, cored and chopped
5 heaped tbsp sugar
1. Grease a glass or oven-friendly dish with your spread (I use Pure because I like the taste)
2. Add a few splashes of warm water to a pan, and add the apples and sugar. Allow to simmer until the apples are soft.
3. Rub the spread into the sieved flour until it resembles breadcrumbs, and stir in the sugar.
4. Spoon the apple mixture into the dish, then top with the crumble topping. Make sure there is a thick enough layer of crumble or it may go soggy.
5. Bake for 25 minutes at 185 C
6. Serve with dairy-free custard (Alpro do a really good one which tasted just like normal ready-made custard).