My friend wanted to try tofu. What’s the best way to expose a meat eater to tofu?
Suggestions welcome! I went for curry. Anyway, I spent the whole day in the library, hence the rubbish lunch. But I cooked for two of my mates that night and they seemed to think it was OK! Vegan win. I’ll admit I also had 2 beers (oops) whilst watching football. I don’t even like football.
Breakfast– a different coloured juice woohoo! (Oranges, carrots, apples, ginger, cucumber) and muesli with rice milk (I read somewhere you have to wait 20 mins before eating after the morning juice, so this was 20 mins later :D)
Lunch– sun dried tomato cous cous, at my library desk boo
Dinner– Thai green curry with teriyaki fried tofu and coriander&garlic baked pitta (literally just put coriander and garlic in the pitta, and bake :D)
Confessions– Two beers (oops)
Thai Green Curry with Teriyaki Tofu
1 red onion
handful of mushrooms
1 green pepper
1 block of tofu (I use cauldron)
Handful of tenderstem broccoli
Green curry paste
2 cans of coconut milk
Pitta and coriander (optional)
1. Fry 1 sliced red onion in a wok
2. add mushrooms and 1 finely chopped garlic glove
3. add 1 sliced pepper, and a handful of tenderstem broccoli
4. Cook until just getting soft (but not soggy). Put your brown rice on, it’ll take about 25 mins.
5. Meanwhile, press then dice your cold tofu. Add to sizzling oil (this will brown the edges). Keep turning until all sides are browned, then add soy and teriyaki sauce (I drop a bit on each piece of tofu).
6. Leave to cook on a low heat and absorb the flavour. Keep adding sauce until it’s how you like it.
7. Back to the curry- add about 2-3 tbsp of thai green curry paste. Coat the veg. Add 1 finely diced green chilli (without seeds).
8.Allow to cook for 5 more minutes, then add 2 cans of coconut milk. Stir, and leave to simmer until thickened to your liking.
9. When the rice is ready, drain. Add tofu to the curry and mix in, and serve with pitta and coriander.
10. Enjoy x