I am very thankful to have been nominated for the Liebster award by the exceptional bloggers Taylor and Tori over at thymefortofu! They are twin sisters who blog about veganism and I think it’s amazing- they have recipes for all sorts and also generally educate about a vegan lifestyle. Amazing!
If you blog you may have heard of the Liebster award, basically it’s passed around and gives exposure to loads of blogs (woohoo!). Some people award it to people with less followers, some rules state different numbers of questions must be answered and asked, and the whole thing is very variable! So I’m going to follow the rules set by Taylor and Tori:
- Post the award logo on your blog
- Link back to the person who nominated you
- Answer the questions set for you
- Nominate 10 other bloggers and let them know they’ve been nominated
- Create 10 questions for your nominees
Answers to the questions I was asked:
1. What is your favourite kitchen tool?
Ladle! I eat so much soup that I couldn’t live without one.
2. What is your number one tip for blog photography?
Lighting! Light makes everything look better, so the best time of day to take a photo is when it’s still bright outside. Place your dish near the window for some light love.
3. What is your guilty pleasure food?
BLT. Fake bacon, lettuce and tomato with some vegan mayo. OOF. So good, so bready, so good at curing a hangover.
4. Do you have a go to spice?
Cumin. Soups are always enhanced with cumin for me<3
5. Why did you start blogging?
I became vegan 4 years ago and didn’t have a clue what I was doing (!!) so I blogged my journey in the hope that people would a) point me in the right direction and 2) learn from my experiences. I now have an amazingly useful site of recipes that are one click away 😀 Win win!
6. Have you always eaten the type of food your recipes show or was there a change in your diet to get there?
No way. I was a huge meat eater for 19 years, and I’m forever doing detoxes and discovering new foods so my palette always changes. I love discovering new food!
7. Do you repeat meals frequently?
Not too often. Maybe I should. Actually that’s a lie. I have tofu noodle soup almost 5 times a week. Apart from that I like to mix it up.
8. What are your top 3 meals?
Tofu noodle soup! And also Ramen noodle broth and lasagne.
9. Who do you cook for?
I live in Wales, and usually cook for me and my boyfriend. But when I visit home (Manchester) I cook for my family of 7. Last Christmas I cooked for 25 people in my family!
10. What is the most important meal of the day?
For me- dinner. I never have time for breakfast, and lunch is always rushed!
My nominees in no particular order are:
Healthy Made Easy
Thank you for the Moosick
What Catherine Ate Next
Blend it Whisk it
Beyond Fit Recipes
Jessy and Two Tasters
My Amazing Life
& I would like to know:
1. What’s your favourite recipe?
2. What do you eat for a Sunday dinner?
3. What’s your favourite blog post
4. Where would you most like to live?
5. Who eats most of your food?
6. What’s the maximum number of people you’ve cooked for?
7. Do you have any pets?
8. Do you ever visit Manchester, UK?
9. What’s your best tip for beginner vegans who don’t know what to eat?
10. What’s your favourite dessert recipe?
Thank you guys, you’re the reason I love blogging, as I love seeing all your hard work and being inspired by it ❤